This course aims to increase understanding of the different types of dental handpieces, how they should be maintained and the importance of maintenance.
- Recognise the different types of dental handpiece
- Aware of the steps to take to maintain the different types of dental handpieces
- Understand the different parts that make up the dental handpiece
- Understand the importance of maintaining dental handpieces
- Recognise the sign and symptoms of anaphylaxis in patients attending for dental treatment
- Respond immediately to a patient suffering from anaphylaxis
- Care for the patient in an appropriate way following the practice protocols
GDC Development Outcome
C - Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.