This course examines the importance of early detection of lesions and the important role played by the dental team in recognising signs and symptoms.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of oral cancer.
- Understand the importance of early detection.
- Review the latest statistics in relation to common risk factors associated with oral cancer.
- Recognise when to refer patients and outline the appropriate referral process required.
- Understand the importance of good clinical record keeping for and good communication with patients who may be suspected of having oral cancer.
GDC Development Outcome
C - Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.
D - Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first.