Fulfils GDC Development Outcomes A, B, C
This is an interactive remote training session delivered by one of DD's qualified instructors.
To provide the required updates, information and training in relation to managing medical emergencies including resuscitation. In accordance to professional standard operating procedures issued by Resuscitation Council UK COVID-19 Primary Care Guidance, Basic Life Support with AED integration 2015 Guidelines and Medical Emergencies in the dental practice guidance and protocols issued in BNF 2020.
- Review Primary Dental Care guidance issued by the UK Resuscitation Council/General Dental Council November 2013/2018 Update
- Review COVID-19 Resuscitation Modifications and PPE (primary care and public sector)
- Modify resuscitation skills to ensure personal and team safety during COVID-19 Pandemic SOP’s
- Recognition of cardiac arrest
- Value the importance of defibrillation
- Review the use oxygen equipment in the management of hypoxia including resuscitation attempts
- Review the minimum resuscitation equipment list, Primary Dental Care Guidance
- Review Basic Life Support (Adult & Paediatric) RCUK BLS 2015
- Understand how to place a patient in the recovery position
- Select appropriate PPE in accordance to COVID-19 precautions
- Ablility to demonstrate knowledge of how to perform BLS with AED integration in COVID-19 and non COVID-19 situations
- Ablility to utilise the BNF to identify the emergency medications listed as standard within a dental practice
- Ablility to utilise the BNF to formulate a patient care plan during a medical emergency
- Ablility to utilise the BNF to prescribe emergency drugs in accordance to each drug protocol
This tutor led, remote learning training session, is intended to update the GDC registrant to allow safe clinical practice during the COVID-19 Pandemic. The information and training given is in accordance with Resuscitation Council UK COVID-19 Guidance and statements for HCW’s in Primary Care settings, who may also be expected to respond in the public domain.