Fulfils GDC Development Outcomes A & B
This training is carried out by one of DD's qualified instructor within your own practice environment.
To raise awareness and provide information to the dental team on the importance of fire safety, relevant legislation, and actions to take on discovering a fire. This course also provides information on the roles and responsibilities of the fire marshal.
- Understanding of current legislation and legal responsibilities
- Updated and improved knowledge of fire safety
- Ability to recognise and implement suitable fire precautions
- Has an increased understanding of the causes of fire within the Dental practice
- Understands the actions to take on discovering a fire
- Recognises the different classes of fire and types of extinguishers
- Understands and recognises the role and duties of a Fire Marshal
- Ability to identify emergency evacuation procedures and the importance of building plans
- Knowledge and understanding of checks, tests and audits that are to be completed
- Aware of the procedures to follow when service users are unable to be removed from the building
- Understands what Personal Evacuation Emergency Plan (PEEP) is and when this is required
This training session is intended to create an understanding of fire safety and the need to apply effective fire safety measures/precautions within the workplace to ensure the safety of all service users and team members.