The Requirements of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 [IRR17] / the Ionising Radiations Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2017 [IRR(NI)17] & the Role of Radiation Protection Supervisor.
This course aims to provide training to members of the dental team to a Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) standard to meet the requirements of regulation 18 of IRR17 / IRR(NI)17, provide adequate information, instruction and training to meet the requirements of regulation 15 of IRR17 / IRR(NI)17.
The aim of this course is to understand what anaphylaxis is and be able to conduct good patient care before and after anaphylaxis within the dental practice.
- Improved knowledge of the nature and properties of Ionising radiations, especially with respect to the use of x-rays in dental community
- Understand the quantities and units relevant to radiation protection
- Recognises the hazards associated with, and the health effects from, the use of x-rays
- Understand dose limitation
- Understand the requirements of IRR17 / IRR(NI)17 including the importance of keeping radiation doses as low as reasonably practicable; risk assessment; training requirements; local rules; the role of the RPS; x-ray equipment testing regimes, etc
- Understand the quality assurance required by IRR17 / IRR(NI)17.