Fulfils GDC Development Outcomes A, B, C
This is an interactive remote training session delivered by one of DD's qualified instructors.
To provide an update on the latest developments within infection prevention and control guidelines and consider current prevention measures in practice.
- Awareness of the adjustments that need to be made and the considerations to take into account when resuming practice during the current COVID-19 pandemic
- Recognise and understand current guidelines and requirements (HTM 01-05 updated 31st March 2013, Health and Social Care Act ACOP)
- Understand the relevant Infection Prevention & Control policies, protocols & audits that are required and how to implement these within the practice
- Understand how to prevent and control the spread of infection with the use of ‘standard precautions’
- Understand what an infection is, what infectious organisms (pathogens) are along with the routes of transmission
- Increased awareness and understanding of the chain of infection
- How to apply the ‘standard precautions’ within the current working environment
This remote training session is intended to create an understanding of the need to apply effective infection prevention and control measures in the dental setting and reduce potential risk factors to both patients and members of the dental team.