SDF and Redefining Dentistry - Feb 3rd, 2021 18:00 - Free CPD Webinar
- Presenters: Professor Raman Bedi and Dr Andrew Osafo
- Course length: 1 Hour
- Credits: 1 hour CPD
- Free product: Delegates will be provided an opportunity to order one box Riva SC or LC and receive free Riva Star bottle kit worth £89
- You will learn the science about silver dianine fluoride and potassium iodide. What benefits glass ionomers play as a role in managing paediatric and geriatric patients.
- Explain the caries process, caries risk assessment, and treatment aptions (including when to treat chemically and when to treat surgically).
- Explain clinical indications, benefits, risks, proper handling and placement techniques of Glass restoratives, SDF and the SMART Technique.
Webinar Special Guest Speakers
Professor Raman Bedi
Raman was Chief Dental Officer England from October 2002 to October 2005. Professor Bedi was an NHS consultant in Paediatric Dentistry for over 15 years. He specialises in young children with extensive caries and especially those that require full mouth reconstruction under General Anaesthesia. His focus is upon early childhood caries.
Professor Bedi is the paediatric clinical lead for the Harley Street Dental Clinic. He ischair of the charity the Global Child Dental Fund and each year leads an international senior dental leadership programme which is a partnership between King’s College London and Harvard University. In the past ten years over 200 senior dentists have trained on the SDL.
Dr Andrew Osafo BDS Dip Sed FIADFE
Andrew graduated from Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry in 2003 and works in primary and secondary care. He has a special interest in Minimally Invasive Dentistry, Facial Aesthetics, Pain free dentistry and Orthodontics. Dr Osafo also enjoys writing articles and tests products for several companies. Andrew is passionate about health and aesthetics and enjoy helping people get a confidence boost.
Dr Osafo is also passionate about fundraising and have taken part in a number of marathons and events for charities. In 2019 Andrew received the International Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics Fellowship. Fellowship in the Academy for Dental-Facial Esthetics is by invitation to those members of the dental industry who have distinguished themselves.