Why do I need my Washer Disinfector servicing?
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1992 states that equipment must be serviced and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers' recommendations. In addition, Healthcare regulation along with infection control related documents state that all equipment be serviced and maintained.
Records of servicing, inspection and user validation checks must be kept and audited, and all members of staff must be fully trained in the safe operation of equipment prior to use.
How often do I need my Washer Disinfector servicing?
The majority of manufacturers recommend you have an annual service.
How long will it take?
Models vary however, it takes around 4 hours for Steelco and Prestige Models, and Medisafe take 2 and a half hours.
How much do you charge?
Pricing available on request phone 01376 391100.
What does our Engineer do?
- Check and record serial number
- Isolate water and electricity to the unit
- Remove cover
- Check for signs of steam/water leaks
- Check for lime scale contamination and remove as necessary
- Remove any debris from the sump, dispose of in accordance with the practice policy
- Follow manufacturers guidelines for servicing requirements, replace parts as required by manufacturer
- Fit the temperature probe to areas specified by manufacturer and record results
- Turn on water and electricity to the unit
- Perform and record water quality check, hardness, pressure and temperature
- Check suitability and expiry date of detergent, replace if necessary
- Run a test cycle in disinfection mode, monitor and record temperature and time for disinfection phase
- Check for any steam or water leaks during the cycle, repair as necessary
- Remove temperature probe (ensure cover of the test port is replaced)
- Refit cover and clean the outside of the washer disinfector if necessary
- Complete all paperwork